Sunday, February 1, 2009

Indoor Sowing Plan

I've got the Heated Propagator and the Growhouse (which I reckon I can heat OK with a thermostatic fan heater) so I can get on with some serious sowing now.

Here's the plan:

Tomatoes:
There's a load growing already but no plum tomatoes yet - need seed
Lettuce:
I'll get some little gem started off - they were excellent last season. I've tried the 'gutter' technique for a few years but I'd like to get an early start.
I'll get some mixed started too.
Brassicas:
I'll have a go with Broccoli and Sprouts - grow them maybe behind the greenhouse
Beetroot:
These worked OK last year and look good. Indoor sowing should give me bigger plants earlier
Carrots:
Another gutter variety but I'll try in 'modules' this year to minimise root disturbance.
Peas:
I'll try a tray of these. I may also try 'guttering'.
Herbs:
I'd like a nice collection for the kitchen windowsill. I need Coriander, chives and other seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment