Sunday, September 13, 2009

A rare weekend at home

I've had the chance to do some tidying up this weekend. I've got some lettuce seedlings to plant out and want to sow some other stuff but there is still a lot growing. The beans are still producing OK and we've got enough tomatoes for the moment. We have more courgettes than we know what to do with, the Cucumbers in the greenhouse have revived in the recent warm weather and peppers generally are doing OK - I've moved a lot into the conservatory and have got rid of the cucumbers. We are picking carrots, the odd pod of peas and should soon pick a few beetroots. The Red Falstaff apple tree still has loads of apples. Some are going rotten so I'm picking them as soon as I see any dinges on them. I've cleared up underneath so we can pick windfalls. I've removed any leaves near the apples as they seem to be causing blemishes.
I harvested some of the spuds behind the greenhouse but the soil is very dry and hard, they don't seem to have produced much either.
I've planted out some of the lettuce seedling into the favoured conservatory bed and put them under 'cloches':

No comments:

Post a Comment