Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pit Stop

Just back from Spain and off to Sunny Norfolk tomorrow. Just time to do a bit of clearing up in the garden and some harvesting. I've started clearing away some of the courgette plants and beans. The peppers are all still ripening nicely - I harvested 4 Barancio and 1 World Beater peppers and there are still more red and green chilli peppers than we can eat. There are still loads of Jalapenoes, too. Amazingly, the remaining outdoor tomatoes seem to be ripening OK. Unless we suddenly get some frosts I think they will all ripen. Even some of the fine beans are showing a resurgence. I have dug up some more (almost the remainder) of the spuds planted behind the greenhouse - the yield has been pretty poor. I think the soil wasn't deep enough, they didn't get as much sunlight as they would have liked, they needed more water than they got, and I didn't earth them up.

Good news: The broad beans have started to poke through!

No comments:

Post a Comment