A lovely warm sunny day so I could catch up on the two-week absence:
I mowed the lawn, topped up the ponds, cleared away the broccoli carrot and spicy leaf plants, prepared some seedbeds and hoed the patch that I'd put on compost from the bin and had got very weedy.
I potted up the aubergines, melons and some tomatoes.
I have put almost all the remaining potatoes in bags and pots - some of the early ones needed earthing up.
I have potted some of the runner beans ready tio go to Cambridge next weekend.
The tomatoes are now mainly in the summerhouse and the peppers are mainly in the conservatory. Some of the peppers have not survived and others look rather wilted but may pull through. However, I'm happy with the results as I may have had a total loss.
I planted out some peas and little gem lettuces. I sowed some more runner neans, lollo rossa lettuce, boston dwarf beans, bloodred onions and atena courettes.
The broad beans are doing well - some have needed a bit of support - but some already have pods.
I have also trimmed some of the growth coming through from No. 16 and trimmed the blackberry 'vine'.
No comments:
Post a Comment