Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fiddling about

We've been trying to tidy up the garden a bit. Apart from some weeding and hoeing I went round tying up the tomatoes and removing side-shoots. I've hung the hanging baskets on the pergola, trimmed the vine a bit (removing excessive rambling shoots and snipping off fruiting shoots after the first bunch, planted out more lettuces and did a bit more pest controlling.
I have potted up some peppers including the one remaining 'World Beater' into a very large put in the conservatory. I spent most of the evening starting to prepare the base for the summer house: clearing away all the soil and bludgeoning the old shed step with the sledgehammer I bought from the 'cheap shop' as soon as I got home. Yesterday I took apart the last shed panel and stuck it in the car. This just leaves the floor to dismantle.

All in just about the hottest weather of the year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment