I hadn't quite twigged it was Fathers Day today (sorry, Dad) as I was alone most of the time as M & M were in Cambridge. I was a bit knackered after the Round the Island race the day before, but spent a jolly time pottering: I constructed the wooden shelf thing we got from Homebase a week or so ago, painted it with fence stain stuff and put it in the summerhouse. I also put some beams and hooks up in the 'shed' area to hold implements.
I moved some more tomatoes into the Summerhouse and in front of it. I have also potted a pepper and an aubergine in big pots in front of the Smmerhouse. I have moved one chilli and one Barenco Pepper from the greenhouse to the conservatory for decporation - as they will soon be showing some colour. The World Beater pepper already in the conservatory is growing many (too many?) peppers.
I planted the remaining Valdor DFB seedlings with the others by the tomatoes by the terrace and sowed another 10 - placed in the greenhouse.
I had a go at harvesting some anya potatoes from the special orange growing sacks. I dug out a handful and then pout most of the compost back and sealed it up again. I don't think they are quite ready. The compost was very dry despite what I thought had been quite a lot of watering - I advised J when she phoned to heep her potatoes well watered.
M and I picked loads of Raspberries and Broad Beans. I also picked the first Greenhouse Cucumber.
No comments:
Post a Comment