1. Sodding Aubergines have produced loads of flowers but none have set. I have them in varioius places so I was hoping something would happen - it still might I suppose.
2. Broad beans in pots - not a good idea.
3. Brassicas are a disaster here - food for pigeons and not much else.
4. Blackfly are a pain - possibly best controlled with a hose.
5. Spuds behind the greenhouse seem to be getting blight.
6. Onions are probably better grown close together and supported.
But the good news is I've dug around in one of the fancy potato growers (Vales Emerald) and there seem to be loads. I bunged some of the compost back, zipped it up again and put the rest of the compost back in the top.
Some Valdor French Beans are ready and we've got loads of runner beans. The first batch of peas are still producing a few (there will be a big gap before we have any more - I'm not much cop and getting a succession going).
No comments:
Post a Comment