Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flowers

I have been a bit fruit 'n veg-orientated so far so here's a bit about flowers.

As a bit of a digression, let me say this: I am not anti-flower. I like flowers. I like plants. Dammit, I spent some of the best years of my life studying how the ruddy things work. I just have a bit of a thing about plants being useful in addition to being aesthetic. So I like to grow things that look good and taste good. Today I sowed some seeds that should look good but won't taste good - to humans. They should, however attract insects which may eat pests and their seeds may attract birds which may eat pests - so the flowers should be useful and aesthetic.

Digression over.

I sowed individual seeds of godetia, cornflower, teasle, x, y and z. I also sprinkled the mixed 'butterflies' seeds in another 40-module tray. They just about fit in the propagator.

No comments:

Post a Comment