Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Another sunny day. Stuff is getting pretty big in the conservatory. I potted up as many tomatoes and peppers as I could. I put some in the greenhouse along with the beetroot seedlings and some more pricked-out Little Gem as its getting reasonably warm in there most of the time.

I made a small wigwam of peas from those used in the germination trial and put them on the patio. I also planted two Tomatoes (Ailsa Craig) against the East garden wall.

I'll take some photos soon to show progress but the highlights are:
- Many Chilli Peppers have flowers
- There's lots of blossom on all the fruit trees
- The Broad Bean seedlings are almost large enough to plant out.

The most exciting discovery (by M) was that some of the Cucumber plants have flowers! - maybe even starting to form Cucumbers themselves!! I potted three into large pots with sticks and they are now on the conservatory window sill. I've moved out everything from the growhouse but the remaining three cucumbers. They are getting pretty gangly now but M refuses to let them out of the conservatory yet.

M did a great job tidying up the front garden and I mowed both lawns - sticking the clippings under the apple trees and behind the Broan Beans and Tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment