Monday, May 4, 2009

Cucumbers - good and bad news

Good:
The cucumbers in the conservatory are doing very well and M has tolerated them as we know they can suffer if planted out too early (see below). In fact they are growing so well we have already harvested 2 of them.

Bad:
I am not happy about the state of the cucumber in the greenhouse. It probably suffered during some cold nights. It may, however be suffering from a root infestation M has been reading about (seems unlikely as its been in fresh compost and a fresh grow-bag, but you never know) or possibly the theory that Tomatoes and Cucumbers don't get on together. In case that's true, I intend to keep the greenhouse for just cucumbers and peppers. To that end I have moved out the tomatoes. Most are now against the south wall of the shed. I have planted a few more in the 'raspberry bed'.

No comments:

Post a Comment