Saturday, August 29, 2009

Status at BH weekend

I've found some blackberries coming in from next door through the laurel bush. I'll try to keep it and cut back the other plants. Beans are plentiful now and the later sowed lettuce are ready and the courgettes are doing very well.



The Red Falstaff apple tree is producing loads of fruit - despite the aggressive
thinning I did earlier. I have had to support some of the lower branches.


The tumbling toms are great - very productive and very attractive.








One of the yellow courgettes is growing like mad - it now has at least two growing points and is spillin over the lawn as designed.













I'm not quite sure when to harvest the Jalapenoes. They do eventually turn red but should I pick them sooner. The Incas (plum) tomatoes outside the summerhouse are doing brilliantly after a slow start. I just hope they will ripen OK.














The Chillies have done brilliantly, the Golden Sunrise tomatoes are still going (outside) and the Exeter Pepper is producing fruit:

No comments:

Post a Comment